Learning about nature is always important for kids and adults alike. During this climate of social distancing and self-isolation, it becomes crucial that we nourish our souls with the beauty and wonder of wildlife and its habitat.
To keep fans of the J.N. "Ding" Darling National Wildlife Refuge in touch with nature during these challenging times, we have created virtual experiences that all ages can enjoy from home. Keep in touch with #DingAtHome via social media and this ever-evolving web page.
Crafts & Activities to Download
Color and solve nature puzzles with these themed activity books.
Follow the Official Refuge Facebook page for daily themed activity videos at 10 a.m. Monday through Friday.
Here's the schedule:
- Movement Monday: wildlife-themed yoga and other exercises
- Tales on Tuesday: nature story reading
- Wildlife Wednesday: learn fun facts about a specific animal
- Trail Thursday: outdoor scavenger hunt
- Fun-Time Friday: crafts and at-home experiments
Follow the "Ding" Darling Wildlife Society page for daily 30-second videos of wildlife and the Refuge's calming beauty each afternoon.