2012 ‘Ding’ Darling Conservation Education Awards
The inaugural “Ding” Darling Conservation Education Awards will take place May 8, 2012, at Broadway Palm Theatre. The ceremony will award local middle school teachers and students for their achievements in conservation. “Ding” Darling Wildlife Society will also present checks to the 2012 conservation scholarship winners.
This year’s scholarship sponsors include:
- Tarpon Bay Explorers Scholarship for Environmental Studies (two scholarships) – now in its seventh consecutive year
- Jane Werner Environmental Scholarship - the first permanently endowed scholarship received at “Ding” Darling Wildlife Society
- The Richard Bailey Memorial Scholarship
- The Jack & Dolores Clarke Scholarship
- Barbara Jean Keller Memorial Scholarship
- The Hans & Leslie Fleischner Scholarship
- The Bill Lipman Memorial Scholarship
- The Mary Lou Schadt Scholarship
- Suncoast Schools Federal Credit Union Foundation
Hans and Leslie Fleischner, Suncoast Schools Federal Credit Union Foundation, and Tarpon Bay Explorers have stepped up to sponsor the awards ceremony.
“Leslie and Hans have always believed in education and were excited to learn about this new event to honor and recognize teachers and students in the area of conservation," said DDWS Executive Director Birgie Vertesch. “We are so excited to have them and the Asplundh Foundation as the first sponsors of this special event along with our most loyal supporters, Tarpon Bay Explorers.”
Author Amy Williams Bennett will be the keynote speaker at the event, where $8,000 in scholarships will be awarded.
Many thanks to all our scholarship and “Ding” Awards sponsors. To sponsor a scholarship, please contact Birgie at 239-292-0566 or firstname.lastname@example.org.